Plein Air Painting with Scott Kenyon
Time & Location
Join renowned oil painter Scott Kenyon in this special extended course on the art of plein air painting. This workshop is designed for all levels of students who wish to learn or excel their painting "En Plein Air"
In this workshop, students will focus on painting the light effects of nature using color. Students will learn how to mix color temperature, paint strong starts, understand edges, and use different techniques in painting. Students will paint a number of small landscape color studies to develop an understanding on painting the light effect of nature.
Note: Students may use student grade oil paint
- Basic palette of oil colors:
- A warm and cool of each primary color
- French Ultramarine - Cerulean Blue
- Red Light
- Yellow Light
- Lemon Yellow
- Titanium White (Large tube)
- Portable easel pochade box, french easel
- Canvas panels 8x10 9x12 (plan on 3 panels per day)
- 2-3 brushes #6, #8, and a few smaller brushes if needed - paper towel
- Odorless turpentine/liquid or walnut oil medium
- Trash bags
- Palette knife for mixing
- Hat or visor
Scott Kenyon has been working in fine art for over twenty years and has studied at The Cape School of Art in Provincetown MA,
The Art Academy in Northern CA, The Chesapeake Fine Art Studio, and Maryland Hall for Creative Arts in Annapolis, MD. Scott Currently teaches drawing and painting in Grand Rapids, MI.
- General Admission$90$900$0